How to get the right lawyer, for people who have not known the law before
A few days ago I had a chance to chat with some of my colleagues about the condition of law enforcement in several regions. There are several problems that arise, one of which is the Higher Education Institute of Law which is considered to be still “burdened” with administrative problems such as accreditation, scientific journals, and so on. To the extent that law enforcement officials (Judges, Attorneys, Police and Lawyers) themselves, some of them do not want to learn. Never mind learning, to make legal documents such as lawsuits, indictments, and so on, many still use copy + paste techniques or are made carelessly. The result is quite serious, often the handling of a case is not appropriate.
One of the interesting stories in this conversation is the criminal case handling process. Law enforcement officials who are still too rigid in applying the Criminal Code and the Criminal Procedure Code. The impact, although the procedure is correct, it is not right. Many cases can describe the inaccuracy when a shoe thief is punished the same as a sports car thief, this is because in the criminal law what he sees is his act. Or in the case of theft committed by a thief who has made stealing a job, of course it is different from theft by a thief who commits theft only for a certain reason or forced. There are also frequent applications of the same article to criminal acts of snatching and pickpocketing, even though they both have different characteristics.
In the end, people who seek justice are (forced) to be more careful when it comes to using the services of a lawyer. This is because only lawyers are able to represent the interests of justice seekers, while their other law enforcers (Police, Prosecutors, and Judges) have independence and authority that does not allow justice seekers to intervene.
Sorting and selecting advocates who can be trusted and can provide a sense of comfort is certainly not an easy thing because there are so many lawyers, both experienced and newly sworn in. However, experienced lawyers may not necessarily meet the criteria expected by justice seekers, whereas newly appointed lawyers may have sufficient capacity to handle a case.
The digital era like today can certainly help justice seekers to choose 1 lawyer from among the millions of advocates in the world. By writing the keyword advocate / attorney / legal consultant on a search engine, data will instantly appear with millions of lawyers / lawyers / legal consultants with various backgrounds and experiences. One of the easiest indicators to determine whether an advocate is willing to learn or not is their involvement in technological developments. However, this is not the only indicator, because there are some advocates who choose to keep their personal data confidential by not spilling them too much on the internet. And here are simple steps that can be taken by the community in choosing advocates, if they don’t have any references from anyone:
- There are many areas of law that every lawyer is concerned about, some choose the litigation path, some choose the corporate path or choose both. So, understanding the legal issues you have will determine which advocate to go to. This is the first stage of screening, because not all lawyers know everything about legal issues, there are even specialist advocates who only handle certain cases.
- Filtering can also be done by trying to find references related to the problem at hand, for example, for example, if you want to invest, you can look for references by looking for articles related to investment procedures and procedures. From the reference of the writing, it can lead the public to advocates who are competent in assisting the investment process based on the writings they write. Because the content of an article will not lie in describing the knowledge of the author.
- Seeing the track records of advocates through social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and so on). Although many choose to separate their personal life from work, at least what is done with their social media can illustrate the character of these advocates.
- Trying to interact, either directly doing a consultation or just for an assessment. The response from the lawyer will illustrate how the advocate will put his client’s position. Tucson dui lawyer who are open to providing advice and legal advice even though there is no agreement on cooperation.
- See how advocates make cooperation agreements, because this stage is what determines the professionalism of an advocate with the title Officium Nobile. There are advocates who detail the steps to be taken so that they describe the consequences of the costs that must be incurred, there are also advocates who just mention the amount of costs without any work details. However, of course, everything will be adjusted to the client’s ability.
- Binding the cooperation agreement so that it is certain and easy to hold the advocates accountable for the performance.
- Do not just choose a lawyer, it’s a good idea to find out about the background of the lawyer, such as his education, how they manage the practice of Most attorneys will consent to a free counsel from the outset. You can judge a tucson criminal defense attorney by the success of them in managing his own business properly, which is a sure sign that the lawyer will be able to help you resolve the case well.
- Do not forget if you meet your prospective attorney, and see how many potential prospects it has. Most attorneys will consent to a free counsel from the outset. On this occasion, don’t waste your time asking difficult questions, such as requests for previous client lists as reference material and cases that the attorney has handled before. How will the end of the case he handled, if more success, you are right to choose him as your lawyer.
- Choosing the right lawyer must be through honesty and empathy or caring. It’s hard enough to find attorneys of this type, but they definitely exist, like my az legal team.
- A good lawyer never hesitates to press contracts with clients so that their rights and obligations are clear. A highly caring lawyer is a lawyer who is able to explain his duties to his clients. The client’s job is to provide evidence and finance a case. Meanwhile, lawyers are tasked with handling cases or assisting suspects. Basically, the duty of a lawyer is to make an effort.
We need experts like them, so the choice of the right lawyer is a step you must take to determine the future of your case.