Compensation You Can Get After A Car Accident

January 20, 2021 Off By Michael

When you get into a car accident, you might be able to file a personal injury suit with the responsible driver. Contacting a Car Accident Attorney in Lincoln, CA can help you get compensation for injuries obtained during the crash. What people don’t always know is that medical bills aren’t the only compensation you can get for your accident.

Here is a guide to help you understand the types of damages you can be awarded in a personal injury lawsuit.

  • Special Compensatory Damages

This is the most common type of compensation. Not only does this type include medical bills, it also includes loss of wages, household expenses, and other care or expenses related to your injury. If your accident was a major one that prevented you from working, the other driver can be expected to pay you for that loss of income.

  • General Compensatory Damages

This type of compensation is where you can get money for pain and suffering. Any emotional anguish caused by the accident can be awarded a sum of money. Generally, this relates to the physical injuries you sustained, and the pain associated with it. You are awarded for suffering from these injuries. Talk to your attorneys in Lincoln, CA about getting compensation for your suffering.

  • Wrongful Death Damages

You can’t get this compensation unless someone died in a car accident. The family of the deceased can be awarded wrongful death damages. These damages can cover funeral costs, medical care prior to death, and loss of financial contribution. The family is also entitled to receive compensation for emotional distress.

Any personal injury lawyers will be able to help you understand the types of compensation for your injuries from car accident lawyers to Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Lincoln, CA. Talk to your lawyer about all the ways this accident has affected your life to help them get the appropriate amount of money for you.